December 22, 2014

New graph...

For more than 10 years, I've met the Allegorithmic guys at least once a year. They were doing their tour of the game companies and as a texture artist (and later on as a tech director / tech artist) I was invited to the presentations.

I always was interested and intrigued by designer but, part because i didn't felt it wasn't "there" yet, part because i didn't completely got it, never did the jump. Couple of years ago, after my yearly demo, I've decided to invest some time learning the software.

Boy, was I in for a treat! What started as a curiosity ended up like an addiction! The more I learned the more I was seeing the possibilities.

Version 4 came at the same time the PBR storm started on the (game) industry. Being able to play with the various values and seeing the changes in realtime was also a great learning experience.

Now, Substance Painter is about a month old, and the possibilities (once again) exploded.

This blog is basically my way to share my experiences and discovery...

cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment