December 23, 2014

Designer: Splatter Dual

Ever since I've been doing textures, I've used the good old trick of taking a custom brush, tapping a couple of times in the middle of my texture, offset, repeat. It works, but adjusting the final result is quite frankly very hard.

So I was naturally attracted to the splatter nodes; I would import my favourites Photoshop brushes and create noises that would have taken forever to create otherwise. I don't have to worry about the tilling and once I have a good recipe, playing with the seed give me an almost infinite amount of variation. 

Being one that likes to keep the amount of nodes in my graphs under control, I've modified the splatter node to have two inputs and added a balance to control which shape/input get drawn the most.

SplatterDual

No comments:

Post a Comment